Baby car seats are one of the first items that a responsible parent needs to purchase. But with so many options in the market, how does one ensure that you are picking up the best car seat there is? Here are some quick tips to help you choose the perfect car seat for your bundle of joy.
* Make sure you buy a quality and brand new car seat models. Technology is constantly evolving and car seats manufactured of 5 to 10 years back lack safety features found in car seats that were created today. Now is not the time to cut corners and buy second hand or old stock car seats. This item will be designed to save the life of your baby so make sure you get the best one there is.
* Check if the car seat you are buying is certified to Australian safety codes. Only car seats with side wings and 6-point harness are acceptable baby car seats.
* Your baby will be the one who will use this car seat so his comfort will be highly considered. Choose a car seat that is both sturdy, but is also soft to the touch. The belt should also have cushions on them so that your baby won't feel uncomfortable wearing them.
* Check the fabric of the car seat. Choose a fabric that will be easy to clean in cases of spills and smudges, which will be an expected occurrence given that a baby will be using this
* Also choose a car seat that comes with a warranty. This goes to show how confident the manufacturer is on the quality of the car seat that they created.
* If your baby is at least 1 year old, or weighs within 10 kilograms, choose a rear facing car seat. Once they reach the weight or age beyond that, you can buy a forward facing car seat. The best option though so that you will no longer have to buy 2 car seats is to buy a convertible car seat.
* Look for a car seat that has a car protection mat included. Most manufacturers do not include this though but there are a handful that do. Find one that has a complimentary car mat to protect your car at no additional cost.
* Find a car seat that has pockets on the side of the seat so you can store odds and ends that your baby will need during the trip for easy access, like toys, food, wipes and bottles.
One place where you can find a huge selection of baby car seats is in Bubs n Grubs. They have car seats in all shapes and sizes from different trusted car seat manufacturers like Safety 1st. You can visit Bubs n Grubs online or you can check their showroom from Monday to Saturday, 9 am to 4pm at Brisbane. If you visit Bubs n Grubs, you are assured that you will get assistance from experts on baby items who are willing to go the extra mile to make sure you get what you and your baby needs.
Article Source: this factual content has not been modified from the source. This content is syndicated news that can be used for your research, and we hope that it can help your productivity. This content is strictly for educational purposes and is not made for any kind of commercial purposes of this blog.
Share this post
- Tags: around the web, baby car seat, baby gear, benefits of baby car seat, benefits of child car seats, Best baby car seats, best quality child car seats, infant car seat