Choosing a Lightweight Stroller
There are many choices when choosing a lightweight stroller. As of recent their advancements are being pushed to accommodate more features and continued decrease in weight design. There are now hundreds of strollers under 20 lbs but are they OK for you?
Here are a few things to consider when making choices.
1. Weight - This is an extreme factor as many people want certain options which we will discuss but most of them come at an expensive of increasing the weight of the stroller. The strollers will typically range from 11lbs to 20lbs in this category. We noticed that the easiest ones to carry will fall into the 14-17 lbs. These are ones like the Uppa Baby Gluxe or the Jane Nanuq.
2. Recline - This category of strollers does vary. None of them will have a full recline for safety. There are some that recline about 80% to allow the baby to nap easier where others are straight up making it difficult for the toddler who still sleeps. There are various mechanisms of recline operation with drawstring or handle they will do the same.
3. Wheels - There are versions with 3 or 4 wheel design. The 3 wheel design like the Baby Jogger City mini allows locking the front wheel and do light jogging with the stroller. Maneuvering is the same with 3 or 4 wheel designs. All will have a brake system on the rear wheels for stability.
4. Fold - This is where it gets important. Some have a 1 hand fold like the Mamas and Papas Armadillo or the City Mini which means you can hold your child and fold the stroller. Most others do require 2 hands and a foot to close. There is a lock on the side that will prevent the stroller from opening when lifted up.
5. Reversible - This ia unique to the Baby Jogger Vue. The child can face toward or away from you with just a simple change of the seat back. No need to remove anything to switch the seat direction.
As there are many options out there we are always helping our customers make a correct choice. We are here to help you and just let us know what we can do.