A Hospital Bag Checklist for Mom and Baby
When the due date is approaching, it's normal for the mother to feel anxious about labor.
Keep a separate hospital bag for mom and an entirely different baby hospital bag can make things more convenient. Most facilities provide all the essentials for both mom and baby. But having a hospital bag with personal items can be a little more comfortable and intimate. Below is a comprehensive checklist of hospital bag essentials.
When to Pack Hospital Bag?
Even though your doctor gives you an estimated due date for the child's birth, the baby can be earlier or later than the actual due date.
So it's important to be prepared for labor at least three weeks before the due date.
What to Pack in a Hospital Bag?
Wondering what to pack for your maternity hospital bag? Here are a few essentials that you can find in a premade pregnancy hospital bag for added convenience.
Hospital Bag Checklist for Mom
Here are a few items you can pack in a hospital bag for mom:
- ID and insurance card
- Flip flops
- Lip balm
- Body lotion
- Sponge and a spray gun
- Eye masks
- Phone charger
- Snack bars
Baby Hospital Bag Checklist
Your hospital bag checklist should contain these baby essentials:
- Knit hats
- Baby formula if needed
- Outfit to leave the hospital with
- Car seat picked out
- Receiving blanket
Premade Birth Bag
Instead of packing the bag under stress, you can get a premade Baby Boldly Fully Prepared Birth Bag. The bag includes:
- Anti-slip, comfortable grip socks to keep you warm and cozy
- Face wipes and lip balms for refreshing your face without walking to the sink
- Universal portable charger for both iPhones and Androids so you can stay connected to your loved ones
- Comfortable flipflops
- Reusable water bottle to keep you hydrated
- Massage ball to help ease your pain before, during, and after birth
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Honey sticks to keep you energized
- Hairbrush and hair ties to keep your hair tidy
- Toiletries, including body wash, bar soap, shampoo, conditioner, nail file, cotton swab, cotton balls, and body lotion.
- Maxi pads
- Waterproof changing pad for a clean diaper change
- Nipple salve to soothe your nipples after breastfeeding
- Nursing pads for leakages during nursing
- Nursing covers to feel more comfortable when nursing your child
- A book to keep you entertained
- Maternity robe to keep you comfortable before and after birth
- Bath towel and dry shampoo
Join Our Mailing List
Sign Up for exclusive updates,
new arrivals & insider-only discounts