Best Baby Strollers 2021: What Baby Stroller to Buy
Every parent wants the best for their little one, especially when it comes to getting the right products and baby gear. Unlike many of the baby products you’ll need for your baby, a stroller is probably one of the biggest investments you’ll have to make. Having that in mind, getting the right stroller for your baby and family will most likely be at the top of your list.
So whether you have a new baby on the way or simply want to upgrade your existing baby stroller, this guide will line up some of the best strollers to buy this year.
Best Lightweight Stroller
NUNA Triv Baby Stroller
The Nuna Triv Baby stroller is the right choice if you’re looking for a compact and lightweight stroller. You can carry it easily wherever you go, which makes it a great stroller for everyday life and travel. This lightweight stroller is cleverly designed with three seat options, fully flat, rearward or forward-facing seat. It can therefore also be used from birth as it reclines in a fully flat position, making it perfect for a bassinet.
The Nuna Triv lightweight baby stroller easily converts into a travel system as it comes with car seat adapters for the Nuna Pipa car seat series.
- Lightweight and fully-featured: Only 19.4 lb!
- This stroller is travel system ready as it comes with the included ring adapter that folds with the frame.
- The UPF 50+ canopy is water-repellent and extendable, with a ventilated peekaboo window and flip-out eyeshade.
- Spring suspension technology under the seat, for smooth rides.
- The all-season seat keeps your baby cozy in winter and converts to a cool mesh for summer after removing the insert.
What to consider:
The stroller basket is on the smaller side.
Best Travel Stroller
Babyzen Yoyo2+ 6+
If you’re looking for the ultimate and compact lightweight travel stroller, the upgraded Babyzen Yoyo2+ 6+ stroller will definitely tick all your boxes. This stroller folds up small enough to fit into an airplane overhead compartment and has some great new features we think you’ll love!
The BabyZen YoYo2+ may be a petite stroller, however, it is loaded with comfort and convenience features you won’t find in most strollers this small. It’s easy to use and maneuver and can instantly be turned into a compact travel system with the Cybex Aton, Aton 2 or Cloud Q baby car seat (and suitable adapters). In other words, this stroller is super sleek and a must-have when traveling with your little one.
- Extremely compact when folded (20.5 x 17 x 7 in).
- One-hand folding, unfolding and driving.
- 4-wheel suspension.
- Exclusive "soft-drive" system: no need to lock the front swivel wheel.
- Featherweight: 13.6 to 14.3 lbs.
- Easily removable fabrics and entirely washable.
What to consider:
The stroller storage basket is on the smaller side.
Best Travel System Stroller
Maxi Cosi Tayla Travel System
The Maxi Cosi Tayla Travel System comes with the Maxi Cosi Tayla stroller and Mico XP infant car seat and base. This stroller will certainly add flexibility and comfort to you and your baby’s life. Its all-wheel suspension with SmoothRide tire technology keeps those bumps in the road at a minimum, so your napping child stays resting.
This travel system stroller comes with 4 recline positions for customized comfort. The reversible stroller seat sits upright or reclines back and can be placed in a rearward or forward-facing. The Mico XP infant car seat exceeds federal safety standards. The adjustable base features the new self-retracting MaxiLock™ LATCH technology for a quick, secure installation with visual red-to-green tightness indicators to confirm the correct base installation. In short, with the Maxi Cosi Tayla Travel System, your little one will always stay comfy and safe.
Key Features Car Seat:
- Car seat weight: 8 lbs (without the base).
- Infant inserts for proper fit of babies as small as 4 lbs.
- Adjustable base with tightness and level indicators for accurate installation.
- The base features new technology self-retracting MaxiLock LATCH connectors for tight, quick and easy installation.
- The base features an integrated belt lock-off for easy and secure belt installation.
- PureCosi fire-retardant treatment-free fabrics that are machine washable & dryer safe.
Key Features Stroller:
- Four recline positions.
- Reversible seat cushion with breathable mesh for warmer days; cozy knit for cooler days (Machine washable).
- Adjustable footrest features three positions for added comfort.
- Soft, plush fabrics for added style and soothing comfort for baby
- The extendable canopy features 360° MaxShade privacy shade that covers the entire seat and zips away to store neatly.
- The adjustable handle features 4 strolling positions for a comfortable push.
What to consider:
This travel system stroller cannot be converted into a double stroller.
Best Double Stroller
Bugaboo Donkey3 Mineral, Mono Complete Stroller
Expecting your second baby and need a stroller that is great for two kids? The Bugaboo Donkey3 Mineral Mono Complete Stroller will be the perfect fit. With just a few simple clicks, you can turn the Bugaboo Donkey3 from a single stroller to a side-by-side stroller for siblings. From stroller seat to bassinet to large stroller basket.
If you’re expecting your first baby and are looking to expand your family within a short period of time, this would be the perfect option too as the Bugaboo Donkey3 stroller easily converts from a single to a double stroller. As your family grows, the Bugaboo Donkey3 simply grows with your family. It’s big enough to accommodate two kids yet compact enough to fit through standard doorways!
- Suitable from birth up to 50 lbs.
- Extendable sun canopy with peek-a-boo & breezy panel in one.
- Free positioning of bassinet and seat on the stroller.
- Extra storage with the extendable side.
- Luggage basket, with a maximum load of 10kg.
- Changeable bassinet & seat fabric, sun canopy, grips & wheel caps.
What to consider:
This stroller can only be converted into a side-by-side double stroller.
Best Jogging Stroller
Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Stroller
The Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Stroller is a popular choice among parents when it comes to jogging strollers. It’s designed with forever air rubber tires and all-wheel suspension, providing uncompromised agility on any terrain. This stroller is easy to push and steer and includes premium leatherette detailing on the canopy and harness covers, and an upgraded seat pad for a sleek, modern look.
The Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 is not only a great jogging stroller, but it’s also perfect for city and suburban life. Do you have a small apartment or living space? Not a problem! This stroller is compact and therefore easy to store too!
- Adjustable handlebar and hand-operated parking brake.
- Adjustable calf support which keeps baby comfortable.
- The seat reclines to a near-flat position for baby's comfort.
- Stroller seat holds a child up to 65 lb and includes a 5-point stroller harness to keep your child safely secured.
What to consider:
The seat only faces outward.
Buying the right stroller for your baby and family is not always a straightforward process. We hope our list of the best baby strollers to buy this year has given you a good idea of the stroller that will fit your lifestyle and needs.
Join Our Mailing List
Sign Up for exclusive updates,
new arrivals & insider-only discounts